Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 7 Day 2

Our new light fixture arrived today.  It became obvious last week that the light fixture I had fallen in love with for over the sink was not going to work in the space.  So, I scrambled and spent many hours scouring the internet and found one that I like.  I'm not sure I am in love with it, but it has the form and function we need for the space.  It should be up by the end of next week so we can show it off!

Wall cabinet installation began today.  It's cool to see just how much cabinet space we are going to have.  The extra cabinets that go almost to the ceiling are really going to provide a lot of storage for seasonal items.  I am getting to the antsy part where I want to unpack everything from the boxes in the music room into all these new cabinets. 3 more weeks and hopefully we will get the green light to do just that.

 Upper cabinets going in against the East wall.  Those top cabinets are really getting me excited about storage and organization.


There are 3 levels of cabinets in this space so I've chosen this command center area to be my next collage spot.  Look for a finished picture in the next week or so.  When all is said and done this 30" wide area will hold quite the fun surprises and extra details that will really make living in this space again a lot of fun with loads of functionality.  Warning: you're probably going to get a bit jealous.
 Doors went on in the living room (except in the mini kitchen area ) and one of the cabinet facings was installed on the island to give it a completed look.  It's not hard to figure out which cabinet is just a facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment